Kaldor Public Art Projects is seeking a new intern to join our Curatorial team.
If you have recently graduated or are currently studying Fine Arts, Arts Administration, Curatorial Studies (or related field), an internship with us is
a great way to get hands on experience working on major contemporary art projects.
The position available is to assist our Curator and Communications Coordinator, Emma Pike, on the development of Project 30, Marina Abramović: In Residence and is a volunteer position.
- Working closely with our Curator and Communications Coordinator
- Assisting with the development of an Australian artists' residency program for Project 30
- Coordinating the online platform for the Australian artists' residency program
- Communicating between the KPAP team and the residency artists
- Assisting with the development implementation of social media strategies
- Developing blog posts
- Project research
- Site research
- Completed or currently studying a Degree in Fine Arts, Art Administration, (or related field)
- Highly computer literate - and a fast learner when it comes to online systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Comfortable working across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Excellent written communication skills
- Available at least one day per week, with flexibility to work more days as the project approaches
- Have your own laptop
- Photoshops skills are a bonus
How to apply:
Please email your application to Emma Pike firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 30th March 2014.
- A cover letter addressing:
Why you are interested in the internship and what you hope to gain from the experience
How you fulfill the key requirements
Availability (i.e. start and end date, how many days per week, and which days of week available, etc)
- A current resume/curriculum vitae of your employment, volunteer, intern and academic experience.