Kaldor Public Art Projects has a volunteer office internship position available and is also seeking volunteer invigilators to assist with Kaldor Public Art Project 25: Thomas Demand, which will be launched in March. These positions are an exciting way to become involved in groundbreaking contemporary art projects realised in Australia by international artists.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on an historical archive, representing over 40 years of contemporary public art projects. You will also have the opportunity to assist in project and event administration as we work towards our next project with iconic German artist Thomas Demand and launch a new series of education resources and public programs.
This internship is appropriate for individuals who:
- Have a degree in Fine Arts or Art Administration or are working towards this
- Have an interest in contemporary art
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have good computer skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Are available 1-2 days a week on an ongoing basis
Volunteer staff are required to assist with the day-to-day running of Project 25: Thomas Demand's The Dailies or with the running of our extensive public programs which will take place on Thursday nights.
This opportunity is appropriate for individuals who:
- Have an interest/background in contemporary art
- Are reliable and organised
- Are energetic and feel confident working with members of the public
- May have experience in hospitality or events
- Are available at least 3 days over the 1 month exhibition period (22 March - 22 April 2012)
To apply for one of these volunteer positions, please email Emma Pike, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information as soon as possible. Applications must be submitted by Monday 3 February 2012.